Budget 2018 and education: Restoring the balance
The administrative distinction between elementary and secondary education has been reinforced by the focus on the former with the passage of the Right to Education (RTE) Act. Concomitantly, funds for and focus on secondary education have been lagging, impacting both infrastructural and learning quality. Notwithstanding the need for continued strengthening of elementary education, can India realize its demographic potential in the absence of a far-sighted policy for education as a whole?
- HDFC Bank Q4 net profit rises 20% to Rs4,799 crore
- Right to equality can be invoked if COC violates bankruptcy code: NCLT chairman
- L&T sells Bengaluru land parcel to Phoenix-CPPIB platform for Rs650 crore
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018