UGC asks universities to include Aadhaar, photograph in degrees
UGC asks all universities to introduce identification mechanisms like Aadhaar , student’s photograph besides security features in degrees, certificates awarded by them
- Forget India’s Ivy League. Teach your children well
- IIM Ahmedabad to conduct management training programmes for CAs
- Azim Premji University, Shiv Nadar University, BHU and 15 others recommended for IoE status
- Coursera launches global MBA for APAC learners
- UPSC starts facility of withdrawal of application for CDS exam
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has directed all universities and educational institutions to introduce identification mechanisms like student’s photograph and Aadhaar number besides security features in degrees and certificates awarded by them.
“Having security features in the marksheets and certificates issued by varsities are useful for verification and curbing duplication. At the same time, they help in introducing uniformity and transparency within and across the system of higher education in the country,” UGC secretary, J.S. Sandhu said in a communication to universities.
“You are directed to include identification mechanisms like photograph and Unique ID/Aadhaar number in students’ certificates. Further, you are also requested to inscribe the name of the institution in which a student is enrolled as well as the mode of delivery (regular, part-time or distance),” he said.
A decision in this regard was taken at a recent meeting of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Editor's Picks »
- Maruti Suzuki sees car sales growth falling short of FY19 target
- Rupee back below 70 a US dollar after biggest gain in 5 years
- GSK to split after folding in Pfizer consumer unit
- Priya Varrier: The wink that caught the world’s eye
- Xiaomi ‘Play’ makes it to a listing on TENAA, will be available in at least 12 colours