UGC asks universities to include Aadhaar, photograph in degrees
UGC asks all universities to introduce identification mechanisms like Aadhaar , student’s photograph besides security features in degrees, certificates awarded by them
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Going to study in the UK? Pay more for visa from December
- Peerless Skill Academy Kolkata to offer healthcare and hospitality courses
- Govt asks colleges, universities to refund fees in case of withdrawal of admission
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has directed all universities and educational institutions to introduce identification mechanisms like student’s photograph and Aadhaar number besides security features in degrees and certificates awarded by them.
“Having security features in the marksheets and certificates issued by varsities are useful for verification and curbing duplication. At the same time, they help in introducing uniformity and transparency within and across the system of higher education in the country,” UGC secretary, J.S. Sandhu said in a communication to universities.
“You are directed to include identification mechanisms like photograph and Unique ID/Aadhaar number in students’ certificates. Further, you are also requested to inscribe the name of the institution in which a student is enrolled as well as the mode of delivery (regular, part-time or distance),” he said.
A decision in this regard was taken at a recent meeting of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed