UGC asks universities to include Aadhaar, photograph in degrees
- Haryana Board Results 2018: HBSE Class 12 results declared, 63.84% students pass, check results here
- DU admission: Over 43,000 applications within 24 hours
- ICSE, ISC Board result 2018: Swayam Das tops Class 10 with 99.4%, Class 12 pass percentage 96.21
- MP Board result 2018: MPBSE Class 12, Class 10 marks out, know about toppers, pass percentage here
- MP Board result 2018: Harshvardhan, Anamika top MPBSE Class 10 exams, 181 students score over 97%
New Delhi: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has directed all universities and educational institutions to introduce identification mechanisms like student’s photograph and Aadhaar number besides security features in degrees and certificates awarded by them.
“Having security features in the marksheets and certificates issued by varsities are useful for verification and curbing duplication. At the same time, they help in introducing uniformity and transparency within and across the system of higher education in the country,” UGC secretary, J.S. Sandhu said in a communication to universities.
“You are directed to include identification mechanisms like photograph and Unique ID/Aadhaar number in students’ certificates. Further, you are also requested to inscribe the name of the institution in which a student is enrolled as well as the mode of delivery (regular, part-time or distance),” he said.
A decision in this regard was taken at a recent meeting of the University Grants Commission (UGC).