CBSE notice to 5 schools in Delhi, 19 in Haryana for violating norms
- Haryana Board Results 2018: HBSE Class 12 results declared, 63.84% students pass, check results here
- DU admission: Over 43,000 applications within 24 hours
- ICSE, ISC Board result 2018: Swayam Das tops Class 10 with 99.4%, Class 12 pass percentage 96.21
- MP Board result 2018: MPBSE Class 12, Class 10 marks out, know about toppers, pass percentage here
- MP Board result 2018: Harshvardhan, Anamika top MPBSE Class 10 exams, 181 students score over 97%
New Delhi: Tightening the noose around schools violating its norms, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued notices to five schools in Delhi and 19 in Haryana asking why their affiliation should not be withdrawn.
The schools, which have been found guilty of violating various norms, including safety measures, enrolment of students as per sanctioned strength and uploading prescribed data on their websites, have been asked to send their replies within 15 days.
“The schools in Delhi which have been issued show-cause notices are Spring Fields Convent school, Ring Midyways Senior Secondary Public School, Gyanodaya Public School, Modern International School and New Sainik Public School,” a senior official of the CBSE said.
“At least 19 schools in various districts of Haryana, including in Kurukshetra, Rohtak, Sonepat, Bhiwani and Jhajjar have also been issued notices seeking their explanation about why their affiliation should not be cancelled or downgraded,” the official said.
The schools could not be reached for their comments on the telephone numbers found on the Internet. The CBSE had issued show-cause notices to over 40 schools in April.
Last week, the board decided to withdraw affiliation of three private schools in Uttar Pradesh and downgraded affiliation of two others following complaints of irregularities. Another school in Kanpur was debarred from allowing admission in Class XI and XII for two academic sessions after an inspection committee found it guilty of admitting students without sanction.