CBSE changes exam dates of some Class X, XII subjects
CBSE has advanced board exam dates of Class X and Class XII by nine days in the wake of assembly elections in five states
- To fill up reserved seats, govt prods IITs to lower cut-off mark for admission
- The returns from education in India’s job market
- PhD mandatory for recruitment of university teachers from 2021-22: Prakash Javadekar
- JAC 10th result 2018: Check jac.nic.in, jharresults.nic.in for Jharkhand matric results today
- RBSE 10th result 2018 declared at rajresults.nic.in, 79.86% students pass, 80% girls pass
New Delhi: Addressing students’ concerns about the schedule of some papers, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday changed the examination dates of a few subjects of Class X and XII.
The exam dates of three papers of Class X—Tamil language (006), Gurung (132) and National Cadet Corps (076)—have been changed. The exam dates of five papers of Class XII—Theatre studies (078), Tangkhul (193), Physical Education (048), Sociology (039) and Food Service-II (736)—has been altered.
The CBSE had advanced the board exam dates by nine days in the wake of elections in five states. The Tamil language paper has been postponed by eight days, from 10 March to 18 March, while that of Gurung language has been advanced from 23 March to 10 March. NCC exam has also been delayed by eight days and it will be held on 23 March instead of 15 March.
For Class XII, the date of Physical Education paper has been changed from 10 April to 12 April and of Sociology exam from 12 April to 20 April. The new date of Theatre Studies paper is 10 April instead of 20 April, Tangkhul language exam will be conducted on 10 April and Food Service paper, which was to be held on 29 April, will now take place on 26 April.
Students and their parents had earlier complained there was no sufficient gap in the dates of Biology paper and Joint Entrance Examination 2017, but the CBSE has kept the schedule for Biology exam unchanged.
10,98,420 students will appear for the Class XII board exam, while 16,67,573 candidates will take Class X exam this year.
Editor's Picks »
- Stock Market LIVE: ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank in focus today
- What is bitcoin mining? How to get started
- Finally, Chanda Kochhar did what she should have done earlier
- Financial planning in your 20s: Put a process in place early to reap long-term benefits
- US, South Korea agree to suspend joint military exercise
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules