Ryan International School murder: Acting principal suspended, security staff removed
The acting principal of Ryan International School in Gurgaon was today suspended and all security staff were removed, a day after a Class 2 student was allegedly murder a bus conductor
Gurgaon: The acting principal of Ryan International School Gurgaon was on Saturday suspended and all the security staff were removed, a day after a seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit inside a washroom.
Angry parents and locals gathered outside the school premises Saturday morning and staged protest for over two hours demanding a CBI probe into the gruesome murder while expressing their displeasure over the investigation being carried out by the Gurgaon Police.
They also demanded that the school management be booked for the murder of boy.
“The Ryan International School management has suspended acting principal Neerja Batra and removed all the security staff,” district public relation officer R.S. Sangwan said.
The boy, a Class II student, was allegedly killed by a bus conductor, Ashok Kumar, who also tried to sexually abuse the minor. The accused was arrested hours after the gruesome murder.
Deputy commissioner, Gurgaon, Vinay Pratap Singh has also asked district education officer Neelam Bhandari to submit a detailed report on the matter by tomorrow.
The post mortem was carried out and the boy’s body was handed over to his father, officials said.
The boy’s father, Varun Thakur, who works as a quality manager with a private firm in Gurgaon, had accused the school administration of negligence.
- Govt may increase retirement age of IIM directors, impose cap on age of chairmen
- Government may set up a regulator to oversee skill education
- CAT 2018 registration begins today: All you need to know about the MBA entrance exam
- Facing criticism, govt to go slow on replacing UGC with a new body
- J.P. Morgan joins hands with IIM-A to fund, mentor financial inclusion startups
Editor's Picks »
- Recent rise in trade deficit is not due to the oil prices
- Safeguard duty proposal has deepened uncertainty in the solar energy sector
- Fortis Healthcare: What now, after IHH entry and June quarter loss?
- Weak Q1 for Amara Raja but investors pin hopes on softening lead prices
- IDBI Bank Q1 results show how expensive it is for LIC