Ryan International School murder: Acting principal suspended, security staff removed
Gurgaon: The acting principal of Ryan International School Gurgaon was on Saturday suspended and all the security staff were removed, a day after a seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit inside a washroom.
Angry parents and locals gathered outside the school premises Saturday morning and staged protest for over two hours demanding a CBI probe into the gruesome murder while expressing their displeasure over the investigation being carried out by the Gurgaon Police.
They also demanded that the school management be booked for the murder of boy.
“The Ryan International School management has suspended acting principal Neerja Batra and removed all the security staff,” district public relation officer R.S. Sangwan said.
The boy, a Class II student, was allegedly killed by a bus conductor, Ashok Kumar, who also tried to sexually abuse the minor. The accused was arrested hours after the gruesome murder.
Deputy commissioner, Gurgaon, Vinay Pratap Singh has also asked district education officer Neelam Bhandari to submit a detailed report on the matter by tomorrow.
The post mortem was carried out and the boy’s body was handed over to his father, officials said.
The boy’s father, Varun Thakur, who works as a quality manager with a private firm in Gurgaon, had accused the school administration of negligence.
- Railways to extend ‘Give it up’ scheme for senior citizens to all categories availing fare concession
- Union cabinet approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Ordinance 2018
- Cash crunch: Rs2000, 500 notes make up 97% of cash seized in Karnataka before assembly polls
- Union cabinet approves ordinance for death penalty to child rapists
- Yashwant Sinha quits BJP, says he’s taking ‘sanyas’ from party politics