National Board of Examinations files police complaint over charges of fraud in NEET
National Board of Examinations received complaints that touts are luring candidates for medical schools promising them good marks in the NEET-PG exams for a payment
New Delhi: The National Board of Examinations (NBE), an autonomous body under the health and family welfare ministry, has filed a police complaint over charges of fraud in the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) for studying medicine, taking the allegations “very seriously”.
NBE received complaints that touts or agents are luring and misleading candidates for medical schools promising them good marks, even a merit position, in the NEET-PG exams for a payment.
The NBE filed a complained with the cyber cell and crime branch of Delhi Police on Saturday.
“NBE has taken this very seriously and has filed a complaint with the local Police, Cyber Cell and Crime Branch of Delhi Police. Candidates are cautioned not to be misled by any such false and bogus claims,” said a statement issued by the Union health ministry on Saturday.
“It is clarified that NBE does not make any phone calls to any candidate or issues any communication regarding the change of rank obtained in any of the exams conducted by NBE or for any other such thing which is against the provisions of law,” it added.
NBE declared the result of NEET-PG 2018 on 23 January for the 128,917 candidates who had appeared in the exam.
Marks are provided for each candidate. If candidates have same marks and the same number of correct answers in NEET-PG 2018, the winning candidates will be announced on the basis of marks obtained in the MBBS professional exams.
Due to some candidates making incorrect entries for their MBBS marks in the online application form, NBE has given all applicants a one-time final chance to make corrections in their MBBS marks through the online portal. They have to submit their scanned MBBS mark sheets as proof.
“Tie-breaking and generation of the merit list shall be done thereafter in accordance with the criteria mentioned in the Information Bulletin. As per NBE Public Notice dated 29/01/2018.
“The merit list shall be declared by 15 February 2018. NBE shall also publish the number of questions attempted correctly and incorrectly by the candidates at the time of declaration of the merit list,” said the government statement.
- Uttarakhand Class 12, Class 10 results 2018 declared, check results at uaresults.nic.in
- India is the great linguistic bazaar of the world: Sheldon Pollock
- CBSE Class 12 result 2018: Girls outshine boys, Meghana Srivastava tops with 499 marks
- CBSE Class 12 result 2018 to be declared today, Google to also host results
- GBSHSE Class 10 result 2018: Goa board declares marks, over 91% students pass
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars