Pranav Goyal of Panchkula tops IIT JEE Advanced 2018
In IIT JEE Advanced 2018, the second position has been secured by Kota’s Sahil Jain, Delhi’s Kailash Gupta got the third spot, and Kota’s Meenal Parekh emerged as topper among girls
New Delhi: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) on Sunday announced results for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced, with Panchkula boy Pranav Goyal bagging the first rank scoring 337 marks out of 360.
The second position has been secured by Kota’s Sahil Jain while Delhi’s Kailash Gupta got the third spot.
Kota’s Meenal Parekh has emerged as topper among girls with 318 marks.
Around, 1.55 lakh students appeared for the JEE Advanced examination this year that was conducted on 20 May out of which 18,138 have qualified.
With results out now, seat allocation will commence from 15 June. For the first time, JEE Advanced was held completely in the online mode.
Selected ones will obtain admission into undergraduate courses, which will help in obtaining a bachelor’s, integrated masters or bachelor-master dual degree in engineering, sciences or architecture.
Aspirants can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Going to study in the UK? Pay more for visa from December
- Peerless Skill Academy Kolkata to offer healthcare and hospitality courses
- Govt asks colleges, universities to refund fees in case of withdrawal of admission
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed
- ACC’s operating margins feel the stress as cost pressures grow
- Federal Bank rides out Kerala floods but growth metrics need to sustain
- RIL’s consumer businesses deliver on growth; investments stay high
- Hero MotoCorp Q2: Costs apply brakes on profit growth