Deepika Padukone makes more money than husband Ranveer Singh: Forbes list
According to 2018 Forbes India Celebrity 100 list, Deepika Padukone at No.4 is the highest earning woman celebrity in India while Ranveer Singh is four places behind at No. 8 spot. Deepika earned Rs 112.8 crore in the 12 months up to September 2018, while her husband Singh made only Rs 84.67 crore.
New Delhi: The highest earning women celebrity in India, Deepika Padukone, earns more than her co-actor Ranveer Singh, whom she married recently. According to 2018 Forbes India Celebrity 100 list, Padukone earned ₹112.8 crore in the 12 months up to September 2018, while her husband Singh made only ₹84.67 crore. At No. 4 in the celebrity list, Deepika Padukone is the highest earning woman celebrity in India while Ranveer Singh is four places behind at the No.8 spot.
At the top of the list once again is Bollywood actor Salman Khan, who earned over ₹253 crore through his films, TV appearances and brand endorsements between 1 October 2017 and 30 September 2018.
This is the third time that the 52-year-old actor, who will be next seen in Dabangg 3and Bharat, has captured the top spot in the Forbes list. Cricketer Virat Kohli is the second richest celebrity in the list, followed by Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone and cricketer M.S. Dhoni.
Kohli made around ₹228.09 crore, Akshay Kumar ₹185 crore, Deepika Padukone ₹112.8 crore, Dhoni ₹101.77 crore.
Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, whose latest Thugs of Hindostan sank at the box office, are also among the top ten with earnings of ₹97.5 crore and ₹96.17 crore, respectively.
Another actor who got married recently, Priyanka Chopra, has lost her last year’s seventh rank (₹68 crore) and settled for No.49 with ₹18 crore as earnings in 2018, according to Forbes.
Shah Rukh Khan slipped down from his No. 2 position to No.13 after raking in ₹56 crore this year.
As for women representation, there are 18 names on the list this year—three down from 21 in 2017. Actor Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, Katrina Kaif and shuttlers P.V. Sindhu and Saina Nehwal are among the Top 100.
The list also includes several first timers, including DJ Nucleya, Malayalam star Mammootty, Telugu star Vijay Deverakonda and Telugu director Kortala Siva.
The cumulative earnings figure for 2018 amounted to ₹3,140.25 crore, which is 17% higher than last year’s ₹2,683 crore, the Forbes report said.
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position