Sabre leads $10 million funding in CoinTribe
With the current round of funding, the total equity capital raised by CoinTribe stands at $15 million
Bengaluru: CoinTribe Technologies Pvt. Ltd, an online lending platform for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), has raised $10 million in its series B round of funding, led by private equity fund Sabre Partners along with participation from existing investor Puneet Dalmia.
Gurugram-based CoinTribe, founded in 2015 by Amit Sachdev, Manish Chaudhari, Manish Chaudhari and Rohit Lohia, currently offers unsecured term and working capital loans to small businesses. The company claims to use its own proprietary credit algorithm to underwrite loan applications.
The start-up will use the fresh capital to enhance its credit underwriting algorithm, expand to new markets, and develop its technology base. With the current round of funding, the total equity capital raised by CoinTribe stands at $15 million.
CoinTribe’s lending partners include Axis Bank, Yes Bank, RBL Bank, DBS, IIFL, Clix Capital and SMC Capital.
Amit Sachdev, chief executive of CoinTribe, said in a statement that the company’s business model strongly focuses on low capital and low-risk operation. “Our model has been well recognized by leading financial institutions, who have chosen to partner with us after detailed due diligence of our capabilities. We remain committed to our partners and this funding will help us further strengthen and scale up our marketplace operations,” added Sachdev.
“CoinTribe has evolved as a truly differentiated online MSME marketplace over last couple of years and demonstrated strong credit-tech capabilities, traction from leading financial institutions and a robust business performance. Given solid foundations laid for the business and a strong management team, CoinTribe is well placed to emerge as a leader in the $800 billion MSME lending market in India,” said Rajiv Maliwal, managing partner, Sabre Partners.
- Pick volatile mutual fund only if you have higher risk appetite
- Card payments set to be more secure, with RBI’s token rule
- What happens to a minor’s mutual fund account
- Bank FD rates ready reckoner: ICICI Bank vs HDFC Bank vs Yes Bank
- Explained: What is a proposal form and why it’s important to fill it yourself
Editor's Picks »
- SBI says lenders in talks for resolution plan for Jet Airways
- SC relaxes stringent restrictions on Maharashtra dance bars
- John Bogle, Vanguard founder who popularized low-cost index fund, dies at 89
- Scoot airline announces new flights to Visakhapatnam, Coimbatore, Trivandrum
- Flipkart Republic Days vs Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top deals on OnePlus, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo smartphones
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies
- 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Is GST going the VAT way?
- Mindtree delivers stable Q3 results after a shock Q2
- RIL Q3 results today: Will Reliance Jio, Reliance Retail make up for lost energy?
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares