Worth waiting for!3 min read . Updated: 07 Nov 2007, 12:53 AM IST
Worth waiting for!
Worth waiting for!
If you go by hardware specs alone, the Neo 1973 may not set the world on fire. But the Taiwan-based FIC-built Neo’s Stylus is different: It is not just a stylus, but also a pen, laser pointer and a flashlight.
• Screen: 2.8", 640x480 VGA LCD colour display
• Internal memory/external memory: 128MB RAM, 64MB NAND Flash, SDIO-capable microSD card
• Camera: Near photographic (283dpi) resolution
• Software: OpenMoko, a Linux-based integrated open source mobile communications development platform
• Highlights: The phone’s touch screen can be used with stylus or fingers. It also has 2.5GSM, quad band, GPRS, integrated assisted GPS, USB 1.1 and Bluetooth 2.0
LG KU990 Viewty
• Weight: 112g
• Price: $750
• Screen: 3" 240x400 (WQVGA) LCD touch screen
• Internal memory/external memory: 100MB internal memory; supports up to 2GB of external memory
• Battery: LG claims a standby time of 434 (GSM) and 454 (3G) hours; talktime is claimed at 355 (GSM) minutes
• Camera: 5.1 megapixel camera, with one-touch image stabilizer, auto and manual focus, Schneider Kreuznach optics, 120fps (frames per second) ultra high speed video capabilities, 170 megs of internal memory, 3.5G HSDPA and EDGE capabilities. A stylus pen helps you add notations to on-screen photos and edit them. Night and low light photography is handled by an ISO 800 mode and Smart Light abilities
• Highlights: Also thrown in are DivX playback, TV out, USB, Bluetooth, PictBridge and multi-codec support for MP3
Meizu M8 MiniOne
Heralded once as an iPhone killer (though specifications and details were sketchy), this Chinese clone of Apple’s 2007 cult mobile phone has been delayed by threats of lawsuits. Now reportedly revamped and remodelled (specs and details still remain sketchy), this touch screen phone is readying to take wing early next year.
• Screen: 720x480, 16-bit, 3.4" display
• Price: $400
• Memory: 16GB
• Highlights: It will run a 667MHz CPU and comes with 128MB of RAM, support GSM connectivity, is capable of video output and has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity bridging
• Weight: 226g
• Price: $500
• Screen: 4.13" 800x480 wide touch screen with full QWERTY keyboard
• Internal memory/external memory: 2GB of internal memory; up to 8GB miniSD and microSD memory cards
• Battery: Up to 4 hours of continuous usage (display on, WLAN active), 10 hours of music, five days of always-on time and a standby of 14 days
• Software:Linux-based, it tackles 3GP, AVI, WMV, MP4, H263, H264, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, RealVideo formats, MP3, WMA, AAC, AWB, M4A, MP2, RealAudio and WAV audio formats
• Highlights: Also includes stereo speakers, integrated desk stand, VGA Web camera, ambient light sensor, a Mozilla technology-based browser with AJAX support, and Internet messaging and calling with video. However, the N810 needs to be connected over a Wi-Fi network or a Bluetooth mobile phone for telephone purposes
This is what you get when a leading phone manufacturer partners a premier fashion house.
• Weight/Size: 85g/a mere 10.5mm thick
• Price: $600
• Screen: 2.6" 262K colour QVGA touch screen LCD
• Software: A 900/1800/1900 GSM phone, it comes with Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support, 3 megapixel camera, microSD expansion, a Web browser and supports H.263, AAC/MP3/WMA audio as well as MPEG-4 video
• Highlight: It has adopted a haptic feedback (a tactile user interface) that lets you feel a mild vibration the moment you touch an icon on the display screen. It comes with a leather carrying case specially designed by Giorgio Armani
• Software: With the Android software ‘ecosystem’, you can touch a name in your directory and contact them via voice, email, SMS, IM or Twittergram; watch YouTube videos and also shoot, edit, and upload them to your account from the phone and find your way around if you are lost in a city
• Highlights: It is expected to bundle a special version of Google Maps (GPS-enabled), Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs compatibility along with Google Talk (free VoIP application)
Write to us at email@example.com