Amazon Prime Day comes to India, 12 other countries on 10 July
Amazon Prime Day, now a 30-hour sales event, will see the e-commerce firm offer discounts and deals to Prime members only in an offer to boost sales
New York: Amazon.com Inc. is extending its annual “Prime Day” promotion to 30 hours this year from the earlier day-long event.
Amazon Prime Day will be available in 13 countries, including India, the US, UK, Germany, Japan and China.
Amazon will offer discounts and other deals in an effort to boost sales during the slower summer months. The deals are open only to members of Amazon Prime loyalty program, so Amazon typically gets more subscriptions, too.
While Amazon has claimed success, there have been grumblings that Prime Day deals are unimpressive or involve older models. Last year, Benchmark analyst Daniel Kurnos called Prime Day an example of “how to make clearance look good”.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Indian paint makers are shifting to water-based paints
- 2019 elections still some time away but defence stocks get the jitters
- Complan and Horlicks sale signals low energy in health drinks market
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one