Hindustan Zinc Q3 profit slips about 4% to Rs2,230 crore
Hindustan Zinc’s net profit was Rs2,230 crore in the three months ended 31 December, compared with Rs2,320 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Hindustan Zinc Ltd, a unit of Vedanta Ltd, posted a nearly 4% fall in third-quarter net profit on Thursday.
Net profit was Rs2,230 crore ($349.48 million) in the three months ended 31 December, compared with Rs2,320 crore a year earlier, the country’s biggest zinc miner said in a statement.
Total income rose 4.1% to Rs6,220 crore, while total expenses increased 2%.
Mined metal production declined 13% to 240 kilotonnes from a year earlier. Reuters
- Fortis says SC order does not impact 31.1% stake sale to IHH
- NGT clears way for reopening Sterlite copper smelter; Tamil Nadu govt to move SC
- Petrol prices hiked, diesel prices slashed. Check today’s rates
- Apple to roll out new Snoopy, Peanuts cartoon series
- Pokémon Go maker is seeking a $3.9 billion valuation
Editor's Picks »
- Markets yet to warm up to KEC International’s record order book
- Indraprastha Gas and Mahanagar Gas shares are low on fuel
- Overhang of capacity constraints lifts for ACC, Ambuja Cements
- Stock market traders fall for the ‘buy rural’ narrative, once again
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position