Hindustan Zinc Q3 profit slips about 4% to Rs2,230 crore
Hindustan Zinc’s net profit was Rs2,230 crore in the three months ended 31 December, compared with Rs2,320 crore a year earlier
Bengaluru: Hindustan Zinc Ltd, a unit of Vedanta Ltd, posted a nearly 4% fall in third-quarter net profit on Thursday.
Net profit was Rs2,230 crore ($349.48 million) in the three months ended 31 December, compared with Rs2,320 crore a year earlier, the country’s biggest zinc miner said in a statement.
Total income rose 4.1% to Rs6,220 crore, while total expenses increased 2%.
Mined metal production declined 13% to 240 kilotonnes from a year earlier. Reuters
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Jack Ma prefers to die on the beach than at a work table in Alibaba
- How Indian education technology startups are going global
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude