WNS Global ties up with NIIT to offer MBA course in big data analytics
Students will be equipped with the skill set to deal with emerging technologies including social, mobility, analytics and cloud, and business process management
- Where is the wrath of the markets?
- Markets, rupee recover slightly but analysts cautious on Urjit Patel’s exit
- Markets, rupee and bond prices fall after RBI chief Urjit Patel resigns
- Sensex recovers after a 500-point plunge: 10 updates
- Rupee plunges against US dollar after Urjit Patel’s shock exit: 5 things to know
In a bid to create a human resource pool equipped with the skill set to deal with emerging technologies including social, mobility, analytics and cloud, and business process management, outsourcing firm WNS Global on Tuesday said it had partnered with NIIT University to start a management programme in big data analytics.
The move is in line with the company’s strategy to build a strong research and development (R&D) team working on data analytics to better serve clients across the globe.
The Mumbai-based firm has a R&D team of 2,600 professionals and is looking to enhance its R&D capabilities.
The company, which has 30,000 employees globally, including 21,000 in India, gets 30% of its revenue from analytics, said Keshav R. Murugesh, group CEO.
In 2014-15, the company’s revenue was $503 million.
The course, which will offer a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and costs about Rs 8-10 lakh, will take a batch of 60 people who have a mathematical background with working experience of two-three years.
The candidates will need to go through psychometric analysis, a test that measures aptitude and personality to assess cognitive abilities, as well as an interview to get in.
While the candidates will get a stipend during the course, which is customized according to the needs of WNS, they will join the company after its completion.
WNS will be spending around Rs 4 crore per batch in stipends. Overall, the company said, it would be investing Rs 15 lakh per person on training on campus as well as on the company’s premises through this course.
The aim is to ensure a consistent supply of professionals who have cutting-edge knowhow as well as are accustomed with the company’s goals and vision, said Murugesh.
“This is a first-of-its-kind MBA, co-created by academic experts from NIIT University and senior professionals from the WNS Analytics practice,” he said. “The chosen students will join the WNS family skilled with a high-end programme that will change the course of their career for a lifetime.”
The first batch of the WNS-led MBA at NIIT starts in June 2016.
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices