3 killed, several injured in an explosion at Nato air base in Afghanistan’s Bagram
- Amit Shah says ‘Save the Constitution’ is Congress’ campaign to save dynasty
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai poised to cash in $380 million award this week
- Facebook rejects Australia media calls for regulation
- News in Numbers: 2,116 girls below the age of 12 became victims of rape in 2016, says NCRB
- India may burn, but Modi only interested in becoming PM again: Rahul Gandhi
Kabul: An explosion at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (Nato) air base at Bagram, north of the Afghanistan capital Kabul, caused a number of casualties, officials said on Saturday.
The Nato-led resolute support mission said the explosion occurred just after 5.30am and that there had been casualties. It said force protection and medical teams were responding but gave no additional information.
Abdul Shokor Qodosi, the district governor of Bagram, said that at least three people were killed and 13 injured in the blast, which he said occurred near a dining facility.
He said the cause of the blast was unclear. Reuters