BSNL offers unlimited local and STD calls for Rs144
The plan offers unlimited local and STD calls to any network for a period of one month comes with 300MB of free data usage
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
- Job creation still a challenge after four years of Modi govt
- Oil prices slump 3% as Opec and Russia consider output boost
- Oil prices drop below $80 vindicates cautious investors trimming bets
Following the launch of unlimited-calling plans by several telecom operators, including Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd and Bharti Airtel Ltd, state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) on Saturday joined the bandwagon with a new Rs144 plan for its customers offering similar features.
The plan offers unlimited local and STD calls to any network for a period of one month comes with 300MB of free data usage, BSNL chairman and managing director Anupam Srivastava told reporters in Chennai. The new plan would be available for both prepaid and postpaid customers, he said.
The telecom service provider was also taking up several initiatives, including the launch of 4,400 WiFi hotspots across the country. “We have 4,400 WiFi hotspots launched countrywide. I think in Mahabalipuram near Chennai has a similar WiFi hotspots. Our immediate strategy is to expand this. In next one year, we will be having around 40,000 WiFi Hotspots across the country,” he said.
The company has also obtained a licence for the 2500MHz spectrum band from the central government, he said, adding that BSNL will unveil classic LTE (Long Term Evolution, or 4G) spectrum in a phased manner.
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars