PNB appoints L.V. Prabhakar as executive director for 3 years
L.V. Prabhakar’s appointment follows retirement of Ram S. Sangapure who demitted the office of the executive director on 28 February 2018 after attaining the age of superannuation
New Delhi: Punjab National Bank (PNB) has appointed Lingam Venkata Prabhakar as the executive director for a period of three years.
Prabhakar’s appointment follows retirement of Ram S. Sangapure who demitted the office of the executive director on 28 February 2018 after attaining the age of superannuation, PNB said in a regulatory filing.
He has been appointed for a period of three years with effect from the date of taking over charge of the post on or after 1 March 2018 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
“It is further informed that Lingam Venkata Prabhakar has assumed the charge of executive director on 1 March 2018,” it said in the filing.
Prabhakar holds a master’s degree in agriculture and is Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB). He also worked with Allahabad Bank in various capacities earlier.
PNB has three executive directors on its board of directors. K.V. Brahmaji Rao and Sanjiv Sharan are the other two officials holding this post.
- RIL, BP spend over ₹7,000 crore to prolong output from gas fields in KG basin
- India reviews draft e-commerce policy after criticism
- Cosmos Bank’s server hacked, ₹ 94 crore siphoned off in 2 days
- NIO seeks to raise $1.8 billion in biggest US listing by China automaker
- Head office salary costs to attract 18% GST for services to offices in other states
Editor's Picks »
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost