Ebix to acquire Transcrop’s money transfer business for $7.4 million
Ebix has entered into an agreement to acquire the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS) business of the BSE-listed Transcorp International
Mumbai: Ebix, an IT services vendor to the financial sector, on Friday said it will acquire the money transfer business of BSE-listed Transcorp International for $7.4 million or Rs46 crore in an all-cash deal.
This will be the Noida-headquartered company’s fourth remittances-related acquisition in the last five months and will increase its share in the inward international remittance market to up to 80%, it said in a statement. The acquisition is being done through one of its Indian subsidiaries present in the domestic remittance market, Ebixcash, it said, adding that it is subject to regulatory approvals which should take about two months.
Ebix has entered into an agreement to acquire the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS) business of the BSE-listed Transcorp International. Ebixcash’s chief growth officer, Bhavik Vasa, said, “Post announcing our USD 200 million growth fund for India, this is our fifth M&A deal, solidifying our leadership position across digital payments and money transfer in India.”
He said the acquisition will also help expand its distribution footprint to 2.31 lakh outlets across the country. The target business processes 1.7 million transactions per annum through 7,500 distribution outlets and 70 branches. Other inward remittance-related businesses acquired by Ebix recently include Youfirst Money Express, Paul Merchants and Wall Street Finance.
“We genuinely believe that EbixCash is a logical home for Transcorp MTSS assets, as it complements EbixCash’s financial exchange portfolio perfectly, opening up tremendous cross-selling opportunities on both sides,” Ashok Aggarwal, the chairman and managing director of Transcrop said.
However, shareholders of Transcorp did not seem to be enthused with the announcement as the scrip was trading 4.95% down at Rs56.60 a piece on the BSE as against a 0.54% increase on the benchmark.
- Oil prices on shaky ground amid global financial market worries
- The evolution of Urjit Patel since demonetisation
- Creditors say can’t decide on resolution plan proposed by Essar Steel investors
- Railway Board gives in-principle approval to Rs55,000 crore Mumbai sub-urban rail project
- Nissan opens global digital hub in Kerala, first MNC to set up shop in state after 7 years
Editor's Picks »
- iPhone ban in China may push Apple, Qualcomm toward settlement
- Assembly Election Results: All you need to know before counting begins
- Madhya Pradesh election results updates: Congress looks to end BJP’s 15-year run
- Telangana Election Results 2018: Will K Chandrasekhar Rao’s TRS retain power? Counting begins at 8am
- Chhattisgarh election results updates: Congress, BJP in close contest
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices