Coca-Cola India to launch Thums Up globally
Coca-Cola India and south west Asia president T. Krishnakumar says they are all set to take Thums Up to other parts of south Asia possibly by March 2018
Kolkata: Beverage major Coca-Cola on Friday said it is planning to take the home-grown carbonated cola brand Thums Up to south east Asia before launching it globally.
“We are all set to take Thums Up to other parts of South Asia possibly by March 2018,” Coca-Cola India and south west Asia president T. Krishnakumar said. Thums Up is also the first Indian brand that will become a $1 billion (approximately Rs64,000 crore) brand much before the targeted timeline of 2020, the company officials said.
Thums Up is a 40 year-old brand which is with the US beverage major for the past 26 years. In 1993, Coca-Cola bought Thums Up from Parle Bisleri Ltd. Coca-Cola has around 20 brands in India including Thums Up and Thums Up Charged.
Editor's Picks »
- Yogi Adityanath leads BJP offensive against Shiv Sena in Palghar
- The one-child policy had limited impact on growth
- RBSE 12 result 2018: Science, Commerce results declared at rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- You are not imagining it. Your job is absolutely BS
- Demand for space-saving furniture seen picking up
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating