Merrill Lynch arm sells Airtel shares worth Rs1,931 crore
Merrill Lynch Markets Singapore sold 3.87 crore shares, amounting to 0.97% stake, in Bharti Airtel at an average price of Rs499.1 per share
New Delhi: Merrill Lynch on Tuesday offloaded shares worth Rs1,931 crore in telecom operator Bharti Airtel Ltd, through an open market transaction.
According to the bulk deal data available with the BSE, Merrill Lynch Markets Singapore Pte Ltd sold 3.87 crore shares, amounting to 0.97% stake, in Bharti Airtel.
The shares were disposed of at an average price of Rs499.1 apiece, valuing the transaction at Rs1,931.23 crore, the data showed.
At the end of December quarter, Merrill Lynch held 5.09 crore shares of the telecom major.
The shares were bought by SRS Partners (Cayman) LLC.
Bharti Airtel stock settled for the day at Rs496.90 on the BSE, down 1.43% from the previous close.
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating