Merrill Lynch arm sells Airtel shares worth Rs1,931 crore
New Delhi: Merrill Lynch on Tuesday offloaded shares worth Rs1,931 crore in telecom operator Bharti Airtel Ltd, through an open market transaction.
According to the bulk deal data available with the BSE, Merrill Lynch Markets Singapore Pte Ltd sold 3.87 crore shares, amounting to 0.97% stake, in Bharti Airtel.
The shares were disposed of at an average price of Rs499.1 apiece, valuing the transaction at Rs1,931.23 crore, the data showed.
At the end of December quarter, Merrill Lynch held 5.09 crore shares of the telecom major.
The shares were bought by SRS Partners (Cayman) LLC.
Bharti Airtel stock settled for the day at Rs496.90 on the BSE, down 1.43% from the previous close.
- Asus Vivobook 15 X510UA Review: Sets new benchmark for sub Rs40,000 laptops
- YouTube follows Amazon into movie theatres
- Several Indian cities are on a quest to map sparrow populations before they disappear
- Kupwara gun-battle: All 5 terrorists killed were foreigners, search on for missing jawan
- 15 Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh’s insurgency-hit Sukma