Airtel launches VoLTE service in Kolkata
Kolkata: Telecom major Bharti Airtel Ltd on Monday announced the launch of its VoLTE services in Kolkata.
Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will enable customers across the city to enjoy HD quality voice calls with faster call set up time, the company said in a statement.
Airtel has been launching VoLTE based services in parts of the country in the recent months. Customers can make calls to any mobile or landline network using Airtel VoLTE.
Presently, most of the new 4G handsets are VoLTE compatible. There will be no additional data charges for VoLTE and calls will be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits.
Airtel claimed that wide 4G network coverage enables seamless connectivity on Airtel VoLTE and in case of non-availability of 4G network, Airtel VoLTE calls will automatically fall back on 3G/2G network to ensure that customers continue to stay connected at all times.
- Brouhaha should not be created over rape cases in big country like India: Santosh Gangwar
- Sitaram Yechury re-elected as CPI(M) general secretary
- 31 killed in suicide attack on Kabul voter registration centre
- Air India flight faces turbulence, leaves 3 passengers injured, window panel comes off
- To defeat BJP in 2019, Congress working on counter narrative: Milind Deora