Airtel launches VoLTE service in Kolkata
Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will enable customers across Kolkata to enjoy HD quality voice calls with faster call set up time
Kolkata: Telecom major Bharti Airtel Ltd on Monday announced the launch of its VoLTE services in Kolkata.
Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will enable customers across the city to enjoy HD quality voice calls with faster call set up time, the company said in a statement.
Airtel has been launching VoLTE based services in parts of the country in the recent months. Customers can make calls to any mobile or landline network using Airtel VoLTE.
Presently, most of the new 4G handsets are VoLTE compatible. There will be no additional data charges for VoLTE and calls will be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits.
Airtel claimed that wide 4G network coverage enables seamless connectivity on Airtel VoLTE and in case of non-availability of 4G network, Airtel VoLTE calls will automatically fall back on 3G/2G network to ensure that customers continue to stay connected at all times.
- ‘All Indians should be concerned’, says Rajan on Urjit Patel’s resignation
- Reliance Jio seen as India’s No.1 telecom company by 2021
- China backs India’s bid for improved domestic regulations
- How 3.4 million households in UP are using power illegally
- Nissan seeks to block Carlos Ghosn’s access to apartment in Rio de Janeiro
Editor's Picks »
- Upendra Kushwaha quits NDA and Union Cabinet, accuses PM Modi of betraying backward classes
- Supreme Court notice to 5 states on land acquisition law
- Rupee forwards slump after RBI governor Urjit Patel resigns
- RBI spokesman says Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has not resigned: Report
- Rupee plunges 50 paise to 71.32 against US dollar
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices
- RBI’s new loan rate math for banks cannot ignore deposits
- Maruti loses speed as PV growth slows amid rising challenges
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds