H1B visa application caps reached
US Citizenship and Immigration Services responsible for processing of H1B application says it has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa cap for the 2018 fiscal year
- What night lights reveal about the Indian economy
- Aadhaar has emerged as key document for new bank accounts: Survey
- Motherson Sumi plans to invest Rs2,000 crore this fiscal to build new capacities
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
Washington: A federal US agency responsible for processing of H 1B application for foreign IT professionals on Saturday said it has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa cap for the 2018 fiscal year.
“US Citizenship and Immigration Services has reached the congressionally mandated 65,000 visa H 1B cap for fiscal year 2018,” an official announcement said.
US Citizenship and Immigration Services has also received a sufficient number of H1B visa petitions to meet the 20,000 visa US advanced degree exemption, also known as the master’s cap, the statement said.
However, unlike previous years, it did not say how it is going to determine the successful applications, which in the past had been through a computerized draw of lots.PTI
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars