Anil Ambani press conference on RCom debt: Key highlights
- What global finance chiefs are saying about the global economy
- Walmart sees Flipkart as key to atone for missteps in China
- Infosys to renew focus on digital services
- Market LIVE: Sensex, Nifty trade higher, Bharti Airtel, metal stocks fall
- Airtel Q4 results today: Investors to look out for comments on tariff war
Mumbai: Reliance Communications Ltd chairman Anil Ambani says the company can monetise several assets in telecom business.
■ RCom lenders will have right to exercise all their options once seven-month standstill period is over in December: Anil Ambani
■ We may look at strategic sale of RCom’s global business to further pare our debt; new wireless firm Aircom to be set up: Anil Ambani
■ We are disappointed with credit rating downgrades of RCom. We will make efforts to restore them: Anil Ambani
■ Plan for firm’s strategic transformation has been accepted by lenders: Anil Ambani
■ We expect to close Aircel deal, tower transaction with Brookfield by September; these deals to reduce debt to Rs 20,000 crore from Rs 45,000 crore: RCom statement
■ We can monetize 49% tower company stake in future though sale or a listing process: Reliance Communications executive Punit Garg
■ Further debt reduction options include sale of direct-to-home business
Reliance Group companies have sued HT Media Ltd, Mint’s publisher, and nine others in the Bombay high court over a 2 October 2014 front-page story that they have disputed. HT Media is contesting the case.