Shoppers Stop allots Rs179.26 crore shares to Amazon
Shoppers Stop has issued of 43,95,925 equity shares of Rs5 each at a price of Rs407.78 per equity share, aggregating around Rs179.26 crore, to Amazon.com NV Investment Holdings LLC
New Delhi: Retail chain Shoppers Stop on Saturday said it has allotted shares worth Rs179.26 crore to Amazon.com NV Investment Holdings LLC, an investment arm of Amazon.com.
According to a BSE filing by the company, it has issued of 43,95,925 equity shares of Rs5 each at a price of Rs407.78 per equity share, aggregating around Rs179.26 crore, to Amazon.com NV Investment Holdings LLC.
The private placement committee of Shoppers Stop at its meeting held on 12 January had approved the allotment of the equity shares. The company had entered into an agreement with Amazon.com Investment Holdings LLC in September for the purpose of issuing equity shares on a preferential basis.
As part of the deal, Shoppers Stop will have an exclusive flagship store on the Amazon marketplace. The two companies have an existing partnership since 2016 under which Shoppers Stops private and exclusive brands (Stop, Kashish, Haute Curry, RS by Rocky Star) have been listed on the Amazon marketplace.
Further, as per details of the deal disclosed by the two companies, Shoppers Stop will now have a flagship store on Amazon.in where it will list its entire portfolio of over 400 across categories such as apparel, footwear, beauty and accessories.
- 5Paisa.com plans to raise ₹103.5 crore via rights issue to enter P2P lending business
- IDBI Bank to move govt to make LIC promoter
- ICICI Bank audit committee hires law firm to look into bad loans
- Amazon Prime Day sale: E-commerce firm suffers tech crash, strikes
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products to 20%
Editor's Picks »
- HDFC Bank raises Rs8,500 crore by issuing equity to parent HDFC
- Fadnavis says over 3.2 million farmers given ₹2,337 crore under crop insurance
- Govt to shut UPA-era eBiz portal over low service integration
- UPI 2.0 falls short of analysts’ expectations
- NCLT approves Liberty House’s resolution plan for Adhunik Metaliks’ Odisha plant