Cheil wins social media mandate of Alibaba-owned UCWeb India
- Amit Shah says ‘Save the Constitution’ is Congress’ campaign to save dynasty
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai poised to cash in $380 million award this week
- Facebook rejects Australia media calls for regulation
- News in Numbers: 2,116 girls below the age of 12 became victims of rape in 2016, says NCRB
- India may burn, but Modi only interested in becoming PM again: Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: Mobile internet technology and services firm UCWeb India on Thursday appointed Cheil India as its the social media agency for India.
UCWeb’s international product portfolio includes UC mobile browser, app and game distribution platforms (9Apps) and a mobile traffic platform.
As per StatCounter data, UC Browser has crossed the 400 million MAU (monthly active user) mark worldwide, making it the largest mobile browser in Asia and the second largest in the world.
Constantin Wu, head of marketing, UCWeb India, said, “As UC Browser continues to grow rapidly in India market, we needed someone to further accelerate our growth and found the right partner in Cheil. The agency displayed deep understanding of our product, user insights and has proven capability in managing small to large social media campaigns.”
Sanjeev Jasani, head of digital, Cheil India, said, “The task of creative agencies is to simplify stuff and present it in an engaging manner for consumers. Our strong technical, planning and creative abilities will play a big role in driving this. We would not be choosing any one social platform; rather the idea is to build a complete digital ecosystem to surround the consumer.”
Cheil India handles accounts of brands including Adidas, Apollo Munich, Abbott, Britannia, Inshorts, Everest, Eicher Polaris, Eicher Volvo, HCL Healthcare, Jet Airways, Logitech, Landmark Group and Spencer’s, among others.