Glenmark gets USFDA nod for skin ointment
Glenmark has been granted final approval by the USFDA for Tacrolimus ointment USP
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals on Wednesday said it has received final approval from the US health regulator for Tacrolimus ointment used for treating atopic dermatitis (eczema).
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc. USA has been granted final approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Tacrolimus ointment USP, 0.1%, the company said in a BSE filing. The product is a generic version of Protopic ointment, of Leo Pharma AS in the same strength, it added.
According to IQVIA sales data for the 12-month period ending February 2018, Protopic ointment 0.11% achieved annual sales of around $109 million, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals said.
The company’s current portfolio consists of 132 products authorised for distribution in the US market and 61 Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA’s) pending approval with the USFDA, it added.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading at Rs576 per scrip on the BSE, up 0.38%, from the previous close.
- Enact new law to enable public credit registry, says RBI’s Viral Acharya
- PNB fraud: CBI court grants bail to ex-MD Usha Ananthasubramanian
- RBI staff to go on mass leave on 4 and 5 September over pension issues
- Everybody to blame for NPAs, says SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar
- Emerging markets turmoil revives a dreaded old Opec ghost
Editor's Picks »
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- As India, Japan talk security, next in Delhi is China defence chief
- India’s GDP rose fourfold in 1993-2012, while wages only doubled: ILO