Toyota to make over 10 battery electric vehicle models globally in early 2020s
Every Toyota model and luxury-brand Lexus model will either have an electric version or will be a dedicated electric car by 2025
Tokyo: Toyota Motor Corp. will make more than 10 battery electric car models globally in the early 2020s, with sales starting in China, the company said on Monday.
Toyota will subsequently sell the models in Japan, India, the US and Europe, it said in a statement.
Every Toyota model and luxury-brand Lexus model will either have an electric version or will be a dedicated electric car by 2025, the Japanese automaker said.
Global automakers are competing to develop more electric cars to comply with tightening regulations worldwide to reduce vehicle emissions. Reuters
- Narendra Modi govt planning National Electricity Distribution Company
- PNB fraud: Nirav Modi last seen in Britain, says CBI
- Oil prices fall as traders assess Opec compromise and Trump tariffs
- Aadhaar virtual IDs becoming a real problem for NBFCs
- Fuel prices today: Petrol price cut by 8 p/litre to Rs76.27, diesel price unchanged