Toyota starts booking for Yaris ahead of May launch
Toyota Yaris comes with a 1.5 litre petrol engine mated to 7-speed CVT and 6-speed manual transmission options
New Delhi: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) on Wednesday commenced pre-launch bookings of its upcoming mid-sized sedan Yaris, with introductory prices ranging between Rs8.75 lakh and Rs14.07 lakh (ex-showroom).
TKM, which is a joint venture between auto major Toyota and Kirloskar group, will launch the vehicle in May. Yaris, which marks Toyota’s entry into highly competitive mid-sized sedan segment, would compete with the likes of Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and Hyundai Verna in the Indian market.
Customers can make their bookings with Rs 50,000 at any of the authorised Toyota dealerships across the country with deliveries beginning from next month, TKM said in a statement.
The manual transmission variants of the sedan are priced between Rs 8.75 lakh and Rs 12.85 lakh while the automatic trims are tagged between Rs 9.95 lakh and Rs 14.07 lakh.
The Yaris comes with a 1.5 litre petrol engine mated to 7-speed CVT (continuous variable transmission) and 6-speed manual transmission options.
- RBI against independent regulator for payment systems outside central bank
- Germany’s transport authority orders Opel to recall 73,000 diesel vehicles worldwide
- RBI opens banking tap to ease liquidity crunch at NBFCs
- New RBI norms put mobile wallets on par with payments banks
- Imminent NBFC slowdown could lead to credit crunch
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed