Draft National Telecom Policy to be released on 1 May
The government is likely to release the draft of new National Telecom Policy on 1 May to seek public comments, says telecom secretary Aruna Sundararajan
New Delhi: The government is likely to release the draft of new National Telecom Policy on 1 May to seek public comments, telecom secretary Aruna Sundararajan said on Thursday.
“The direction of the new policy, that we hope you will see as early as on May 1, will be reform-oriented, it will be investor friendly and bring down the cost of compliances,” Sundararajan said while speaking at the annual general meeting of US industry body Amcham.
She mentioned that the proposed National Telecom Policy (NTP) 2018 will be placed for public comments for 15-20 days. “It (NTP) will hopefully trigger innovation, will focus on Make in India and provide opportunities for partnering with lit of companies,” Sundararjan said.
After completion of public comments, the Department of Telecom will start inter-ministerial consultation on the policy and thereafter approach Cabinet for final approval, she said.
- Huawei calls on US, others to show proof of security risk
- Carlyle seeks to double holding in PNB Housing Finance
- Govt reforms bringing desired results, note ban served purpose: Venkaiah Naidu
- SBI may buy out Canara Bank’s loans in Ratnagiri Gas
- Oil prices sink to year’s low as equity slump adds to supply fear
Editor's Picks »
- Manchester United sacks Mourinho, Zidane a possible candidate
- IPL 2019 live auctions: Jaydev Unadkat hits jackpot with Rs 8.40 cr bid; Yuvraj Singh remains unsold
- Gold prices rise today after sharp fall, silver rates slip
- ‘Marketers need to be better at representing women’
- Opinion | Get used to it America: You are no longer No.1