Fino Payments Bank launches operations
Fino Payments Bank started operations on Monday with 410 branches, becoming the fourth payments bank in India
New Delhi: Fino Payments Bank started operations on Monday with 410 branches, becoming the fourth payments bank in India after Airtel Payments Bank, India Post Payments Bank and Paytm Payments Bank.
Fino, which was a remittance service provider has converted most of its Fino Money Mart outlets into bank branches.
These branches will also provide remittance services. “We are currently offering 4% interest rate on savings accounts. The target is to mobilise Rs10,000 crore of deposits within five years,” Rishi Gupta, managing director and chief executive of Fino Payments Bank, said in a phone interview.
Among payments banks, Airtel Payments Bank offers the highest interest rate at 7.25%. India Post Payments Bank and Paytm Payments Bank offer 5.5% and 4%, respectively. Fino has raised Rs400 crore so far, of which Rs251 crore was from Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd.
- Change M&A norms to calculate spectrum dues: Trai
- Cracking India’s bankruptcy code
- RBI’s registry will help solve problem of credit shortage: iSpirt’s Sharad Sharma
- Fintech regulation at an inflection point: Shardul Amarchand’s Shilpa Mankar Ahluwalia
- Voice and AI biggest transformative tech, says EY’s Mahesh Makhija
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Modi slams opposition, refers to Rahul’s ‘unwanted hug’ at Shahjahanpur rally
- Gold price maintains uptrend on global cues, jewellers’ buying
- Sky is Comcast’s final prize as Disney battle approaches endgame
- Donald Trump and the US dollar: Actions speak louder than words
- Jagan Reddy calls Andhra bandh on 24 July over special status
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself