Yes Bank board to meet Tuesday after RBI directive on Rana Kapoor’s tenure
Yes Bank says the bank and its MD & CEO will be fully guided by its board of directors, the RBI and other relevant stakeholders
Mumbai: Yes Bank’s board will meet Tuesday to decide on future course of action following the RBI’s directive that the current CEO and MD Rana Kapoor should step down by end-January.
Kapoor, who has been managing director and CEO since the bank’s inception in 2004, had sought a three-year extension till August 31, 2021. However, the sector regulator did not agree to the request and permitted him to continue only until January 2019.
Ahead of the board meeting, the bank said it has performed consistently under the leadership of Kapoor. “The Bank has a demonstrated track record of consistent delivery of business and financial outcomes over the last 14 years, since the commencement of its operations in mid-2004, across all critical parameters such as capital adequacy, credit risk, profitability, operating efficiency, growth, etc,” it said in a regulatory filing.
The bank, it added, would like to inform its stakeholders that the bank and its MD & CEO will be fully guided by its Board of Directors, the RBI and other relevant stakeholders.
Yes Bank also said that credit costs of the bank were contained at 50 bps (basis points), 53 bps and 76 bps for 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, respectively.
The gross NPA and net NPA ratio stood at 1.31% and 0.59%, respectively, as on June 30, 2018, remain one of the lowest across banks in India, Yes Bank added.
Yes Bank shares slipped 0.35% to settle at ₹226.25 on BSE.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
- Govt notifies rules for in-flight, maritime mobile phone services
- Telecom firms for independent audit to prove stress
- BEML pitches for indigenisation of six bullet train rakes
- GST led to ‘household savings’ as tax rates came down: Report
- Delhi HC dismisses Vodafone plea for tax refund of over Rs 4759 crore
Editor's Picks »
- Apple Inc. device assemblers seeking $9 billion in damages from Qualcomm Inc.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Phethai’ to trigger heavy rainfall in Odisha
- Preparing millennials for the age of automation
- Petrol prices hiked for third time in 5 days, diesel rates rise. Check today’s rates
- Opinion | Why Narendra Modi should be really wary of millennials
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- 4 years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy