Google CEO Sundar Pichai received $200 million compensation in 2016
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Opposition fears more violence over poll nomination
- Karnataka elections: Can Siddaramaiah win back his old bastion?
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
San Francisco: Google’ India-born CEO Sundar Pichai received a $200 million compensation package last year for running the internet company that makes nearly all the money for Alphabet Inc.
Most of the pay consisted of Alphabet stock that the company valued at $198.7 million in securities documents filed on Friday. Alphabet gave the award to Pichai in January 2016, a few months after he succeeded Larry Page as Google’s CEO. Pichai still reports to Page, a Google co-founder who is now Alphabet’s CEO.
Page limits his annual pay to $1 because he already has an estimated fortune of $41 billion.
The stock that Pichai received will vest in quarterly increments through January 2020.
The 44-year-old Pichai also received a $650,000 salary last year in addition to personal security services and air travel valued at $372,000. AP