Samsung Biologics to manufacture Sun Pharma’s new psoriasis drug
Samsung Biologics will manufacture Tildrakizumab for Sun Pharma, according to the agreement
Mumbai: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd on Tuesday said it has entered into a long-term manufacturing agreement with South Korea's Samsung Biologics for Tildrakizumab, the Indian company's new drug for treatment of moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis.
Samsung Biologics will manufacture Tildrakizumab for Sun Pharma, according to the agreement. The value of the contract is $55.5 million, Sun Pharma said in a stock exchange filing.
“Samsung Biologics is a globally renowned CMO (contract manufacturing organisation). Through this partnership we will leverage Samsung’s manufacturing knowledge and world class quality systems to provide high quality products for the Tildrakizumab pipeline,”said Kirti Ganorkar, global head – portfolio management and business development at Sun Pharma.
Sun Pharma, India's largest drug maker, had acquired rights for Tildrakizumab from US drug maker Merck in 2014. While Merck was responsible for completion of phase-3 clinical trial and submission of biologics license application to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Sun Pharma will be responsible for all other regulatory activities, including subsequent submissions, pharmacovigilance, post approval studies, manufacturing and commercialization of the approved product.
Applications for Tildrakizumab were accepted for review by the US FDA in May and by the European Medicines Agency in March this year.
For the European market, Sun Pharma signed a licensing agreement with Almirall S.A. in July 2016 for development and commercialisation of Tildrakizumab.
In a conference call with analysts on 26 May, Dilip Shanghvi, managing director of Sun Pharma had said the company plans to launch Tildrakizumab in the US in the beginning of fiscal year 2018-19.
- Amazon Prime Day evolves from rummage sale to must-shop event
- Amazon, Flipkart sale: Beware of fake WhatsApp alerts
- Flipkart offers mobile recharge, flight ticket bookings
- Reliance Jio tops 4G download speed, Idea Cellular in upload rate
- Trai proposals unlikely to affect data privacy regulation: Experts
Editor's Picks »
- Amitabh Bachchan, daughter Shweta feature in Kalyan Jewellers’ silver jubilee ad
- Air India sell-off to be revisited after oil, rupee stabilise
- Home DNA Testing Gains Popularity in Aging Japan
- Google’s eight years of antitrust battles at the European Union
- Friend or foe? EU risks Donald Trump Twitter storm with Google fine
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?