SBI cuts interest rates for home, auto loans by 5 basis points
SBI cuts interest rate on home loans by 5 basis points to 8.30% per annum, effective 1 November, offers auto loans at 8.70% per annum
India’s largest state-owned lender State Bank of India (SBI) said it has reduced interest rates for retail loans in order to boost lending.
The bank has cut the interest rate on home loans by 5 basis points (bps) to 8.30% per annum—the lowest rate for home loans in the market. The new rate is effective 1 November.
The auto loans with the bank are now offered at 8.70% per annum from 8.75% previously.
At 9.40am, the shares of SBI were trading 1.02% lower at Rs316.55 on the BSE, while the Sensex was flat at 33,599.69 points.
- Bangladesh’s bulk drugs policy may hurt Indian exports
- Telematics-based insurance takes a big hit due to lack of data protection, IRDA’s fixed pricing laws
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for custodian of securities business
- Cuts in fuel prices can push India into debt trap: Arun Jaitley
- India seen leveraging Solar Alliance meeting for foreign policy
Editor's Picks »
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules