Harley Davidson opens new dealership in Chennai
Marina Harley-Davidson in Chennai is the US bike maker’s 27th dealership in India and will offer all 16 motorcycles in the current model line-up
Chennai: US-based motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson Inc. inaugurated its 27th store in India in Chennai on Saturday.
Marina Harley-Davidson is the latest addition to the authorised Harley-Davidson dealership facilities in the country, said Peter Mackenzie, Harley’s managing director for India and China, after formally inaugurating the Chennai store.
The Marina Harley-Davidson is the first authorized dealership for the company in Chennai, operated by East Coast Motors. “This is our first outlet in Chennai. I am very happy to see some of our customers’ dreams of owning a Harley-Davidson bike getting fulfilled today,” Mackenzie told reporters. The US-based bike maker planned to take the total number of India outlets to 30 by end 2018, he added.
The Marina Harley-Davidson would offer sales and service besides original Harley-Davidson merchandise to customers, said Mackenzie, after handing over the keys of five motorcycles to customers.
Marina Harley-Davidson dealer principal Saju Thomas said the outlet would offer all 16 models in the Harley-Davidson India line-up. “The dealership will also offer a wide range of parts and accessories to customize motorcycles and Harley-Davidson merchandise,” he said.
Harley-Davidson has an assembly unit at Bawal, Haryana.
- What night lights reveal about the Indian economy
- Aadhaar has emerged as key document for new bank accounts: Survey
- Motherson Sumi plans to invest Rs2,000 crore this fiscal to build new capacities
- Paytm says never shared users’ data with third-parties, government
- Four years of Modi govt: Labour reforms slow down despite policy revamp
Editor's Picks »
- Revisiting some myths and realities of Aadhaar
- Omnibus accounts: Fillip for GIFT and foreign flows
- Goldman Sachs’ ReNew Power stake sale to be biggest IPO exit by a PE firm in India
- Why are interest rates hardening despite RBI status quo?
- Govt may tell Tata Tele to settle dues before deal with Tata Communications
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars