Niti Aayog to finalize National Energy Policy soon: Official
Niti Aayog will finalize the National Energy Policy in the next 10 days and send it to the Union Cabinet, say officials with the government think-tank
New Delhi: Government think-tank Niti Aayog will soon finalize the National Energy Policy (NEP) and take it to the Union cabinet, a top official said.
Niti Aayog had released the draft National Energy Policy in June this year. “We will finalize the National Energy Policy in the next 10 days and will send it to the cabinet,” the official said.
In its draft report, the government think tank has said that India’s energy demand is likely to soar around three times by 2040, leading to increase in overall primary energy imports. It had also made a case for a single regulator to govern India’s energy market to make ‘India’s economy energy ready’ by the year 2040.
Another senior Niti Aayog official said the think tank has finalized National Medical Commission Bill (NMC), 2016 and has sent it to the Cabinet.
Last year, a high-level committee, headed by then Niti Aayog vice chairman Arvind Panagariya, looked into the issue of poor regulation of medical education by Medical Council of India and had proposed replacing the body with the National Medical Commission.
- Barista in advanced talks with Swiggy, another player for food delivery
- Insurance startup Turtlemint raises $25 million from Sequoia, Nexus, Blume Ventures
- India to bar private refiners from tapping Iran oil quota
- Snapdeal partners with RBL, Federal Bank to penetrate non-metro markets
- Cabinet approves ₹6,000 crore capital infusion in Exim Bank
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers