Baba Ramdev to launch 10,000 Patanjali wellness centres globally
Yoga guru Ramdev says he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga
- Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala’s pay package up over 34% to Rs18.23 crore in FY18
- WhatsApp to offer 24-hour customer support for its payments services in India
- Vodafone-Idea merger may get delayed as DoT looking to raise fresh demand of Rs4,700 crore
- Heads of 11-state owned banks to appear before parliamentary panel on Tuesday
- Government defers auction for 60 oil and gas fields by a month
Ahmedabad: Yoga guru Ramdev on Saturday said he has plans to launch 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres globally to popularise yoga. The Gujarat government is organising, with Ramdev’s support, a mega event at GMDC ground here on Yoga Day (21 June) with the aim of setting a new world record of highest number of people performing yoga at one place.
“We will make yoga popular in the entire world. We will open 10,000 Patanjali Wellness and Health Centres in the world, starting with 1,000 centres in the country in a short time,” Ramdev told reporters. About 1.25 lakh people are expected to participate in the event at GMDC ground on 21 June, Ramdev said.
The existing record was set in Delhi on 21 June, 2015 when 35,985 people performed yoga in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Ramdev said Modi himself had asked him to break this record.
Editor's Picks »
- Godrej Properties to focus only on top 4 cities, exit other markets
- Air India in need of a complete overhaul to stay relevant, say experts
- Flipkart eyeing 65% growth in online fashion retail in 2018-19
- Hero Cycles plans ₹ 250 crore investment for Punjab factory
- Reliance may extend ₹ 750 crore loan to Indian Film Combine