Amazon launches its largest fulfilment centre in Hyderabad
E-commerce giant Amazon launched its largest fulfilment centre in Hyderabad, it covers over 400,000 sq ft
Hyderabad: E-commerce giant Amazon on Thursday announced the opening its largest fulfilment centre in the country in Hyderabad.
Located at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, the centre covers over 400,000 sq ft with close to 2.10 million cubic ft. It is the fifth fulfilment center in Telangana and the largest in the country.
With this, Amazon has a storage capacity up to 3.3 million cubic feet in Telangana, vice president, India Customer Fulfilment, Amazon India, Akhil Saxena said, without revealing the investment figure into the centre.
“We have been consistently investing in our infrastructure and delivery network, so we can increase our speed of delivery and provide a superior experience to both, customers and sellers,” Saxena told a press conference.
“With the launch of our largest fulfilment centre here in Telangana, we strongly believe that we will be able to better serve our customers with one-day and two-day delivery. The FC (fulfilment centre) will enable sellers to use local infrastructure, save capital and help them grow their businesses,” Saxena said.
With more than 10,000 sellers in Telangana, the selection offered by sellers in the state for immediate delivery has grown more than 120% this year as against last year, he said.
To a query, he said Amazon Pantry bulk packs of monthly and weekly grocery and household essentials is currently test piloted in Hyderabad. Amazon currently has 41 fulfilment centres in 13 states with a storage capacity of 13 million sq ft, he said.
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- Electric vehicle manufacturers urge govt to make short-term policies to help industry
- Volvo-Eicher JV plans to widen its medium-duty CNG trucks range
Editor's Picks »
- Is Reliance Jio really the most profitable telecom firm?
- Bond yields fall after RBI bond purchase announcement
- Get fresh home cooked food at work from a kitchen near you
- For your next offsite, opt for offbeat destinations
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex rises 120 points, Nifty at 10750, pharma, auto stocks lead