RBI sets up committee on data management
- Sebi strengthens procedures for dividend payment, transfer of securities
- Donald Trump slams Opec as cartel pushes harder for high oil prices
- 2002 Gujarat riots: Maya Kodnani acquitted in Naroda Patiya case
- Sebi fines Suzlon Rs1.1 crore for violating insider trading norms
- Vedanta’s Electrosteel acquisition credit neutral: Report
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday said it had set up a panel under executive director Deepak Mohanty to review the current system of data collection, dissemination and data management processes in the central bank and improve the existing mechanism.
The 15-member committee will review the availability, coverage, frequency, timeliness and quality of the existing data/surveys/information used for monetary policy, macro-financial policy and supervision, RBI said in a statement.
The committee, which will consult various stakeholders on this, is expected to submit its report within a period of four months from the day of its first meeting, RBI said.
Members of the committee include Bimal Roy, director, Indian Statistical Institute; Pami Dua, head, Delhi School of Economics; and Susan Thomas, assistant professor, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research.