Sebi asks ICICI Bank to clarify on reports of alleged corporate governance breach
ICICI Bank informs the bourses that Sebi has requested the bank to clarify on news reports of alleged corporate governance breaches
Mumbai: ICICI Bank informed the stock exchanges on Monday that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has requested the bank to clarify on news reports on the alleged corporate governance breaches at the bank.
This comes after a 12 April Economic Times report that the stock exchange regulator has initiated a probe into a Rs3,250 crore loan sanctioned to the Videocon group by ICICI Bank.
Earlier, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had registered a preliminary enquiry to check an alleged nexus between Videocon group chairman Venugopal Dhoot and Deepak Kochhar, the husband of ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar.
- BSNL aims to sell 10,000 satellite phones by March 2019
- Infosys says increased visa application rejections could result in delays, higher project costs
- Change M&A norms to calculate spectrum dues: Trai
- Cracking India’s bankruptcy code
- RBI’s registry will help solve problem of credit shortage: iSpirt’s Sharad Sharma
Editor's Picks »
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself