Sebi asks ICICI Bank to clarify on reports of alleged corporate governance breach
ICICI Bank informs the bourses that Sebi has requested the bank to clarify on news reports of alleged corporate governance breaches
Mumbai: ICICI Bank informed the stock exchanges on Monday that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has requested the bank to clarify on news reports on the alleged corporate governance breaches at the bank.
This comes after a 12 April Economic Times report that the stock exchange regulator has initiated a probe into a Rs3,250 crore loan sanctioned to the Videocon group by ICICI Bank.
Earlier, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had registered a preliminary enquiry to check an alleged nexus between Videocon group chairman Venugopal Dhoot and Deepak Kochhar, the husband of ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar.
Editor's Picks »
- Dubai court orders for Christian Michel’s extradition in AgustaWestland chopper case: report
- Flipkart gets over ₹3,462 crore infusion from Singapore entity
- Opinion | The replication crisis in economics
- Vistara offers up to 75% discount on flight tickets
- 802,000 infants died in India last year, says UN report