Adani Power commissions 4th unit of Tiroda power plant in Gujarat
With that, Adani Power has overtaken Tata Power in total installed power generation capacity
Mumbai: Adani Power Ltd on Thursday said it has commissioned the fourth unit of its 2,640 MW Tiroda power plant located in Gondia district of Maharashtra.
The company’s total installed power generation capacity now stands at 8,620MW, making it the country’s largest private power producer, overtaking Tata Power Co. Ltd. Tata Power’s capacity stands at 8,560MW, claimed a statement by the company. Adani Power added 2,460MW in fiscal 2014, which was nearly 15% of total capacity addition in the country, it said.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers