Adani Power commissions 4th unit of Tiroda power plant in Gujarat
With that, Adani Power has overtaken Tata Power in total installed power generation capacity
Mumbai: Adani Power Ltd on Thursday said it has commissioned the fourth unit of its 2,640 MW Tiroda power plant located in Gondia district of Maharashtra.
The company’s total installed power generation capacity now stands at 8,620MW, making it the country’s largest private power producer, overtaking Tata Power Co. Ltd. Tata Power’s capacity stands at 8,560MW, claimed a statement by the company. Adani Power added 2,460MW in fiscal 2014, which was nearly 15% of total capacity addition in the country, it said.
Editor's Picks »
- Spot power prices hot, Indian Energy Exchange’s shares cold
- Cement prices in central India buck the trend in October
- IndusInd Bank’s Q2 results show a peek into the IL&FS booby trap
- So which liquid, money market funds did investors flee from in September?
- Dr Reddy’s: API unit sale should lower costs, may not be a windfall