Airtel makes incoming call on international roaming free
- Bankruptcies are booming in India, but there is a shortage of judges
- Aluminium shares skid on US concessions to United Company Rusal
- Manipal-TPG combine submits revised offer for Fortis Healthcare
- Mamata Banerjee slams Congress for moving CJI impeachment motion
- Airtel shares rise 5% on March quarter results
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel Ltd announced yet another pricing cut on Wednesday, this time for international roaming packs. The company announced free incoming calls on international roaming and reduction of prices for outgoing calls.
“Airtel’s new IR packs offer free incoming calls, free texts to India and ample data benefits along with free India calling minutes across popular destinations.Charges for calls to India and local in-country calls have been reduced to as low as Rs.3 per minute across popular destinations,” Airtel said in a statement.
Airtel also announced that post the exhaustion of pack data benefits, international roaming data will now be charged at just Rs.3 per MB, a reduction of 99% from Rs.650 per MB, the statement said.
The new IR packs come with a validity of a day or 30 days at $10 and $75, respectively.
The company has been aggressively revising tariffs post Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd’s launch in September in attempts to retain market share and subscribers by offering lucrative pricing schemes.
Last week, Bharti Airtel announced a special 4G data plan that provides 30GB of data at 4G LTE speeds for a duration of 90 days from the day of recharge.