Yes Bank acquires 17.31% stake in Fortis Healthcare
New Delhi: Yes Bank Ltd has acquired 17.31% stake in Fortis Healthcare Ltd following invocation of nearly 9 crore pledged shares last month.
In a regulatory filing, Fortis Healthcare said, “Yes Bank has acquired 8,97,81,906 equity shares having nominal value of Rs10 per share of the company pursuant to invocation of pledge on the said equity shares subsequent to default by promoter group companies in the credit facility provided by the bank.”
The acquired shares amounted to 17.31% of the total diluted share capital of the company with a similar amount of voting rights, the filing added. The shares were acquired by Yes Bank on 16 February, consequent upon invocation of pledge on these shares, it added.
On 15 February, the Supreme Court lifted its stay on sale of shares of Fortis Healthcare pledged with banks by the promoters Singh brothers (Malvinder Mohan Singh and Shivinder Mohan Singh) before 31 August, allowing financial institutions, including Axis Bank and Yes Bank, to sell the pledged shares.
Subsequently, the stake of promoter firm Fortis Healthcare Holdings along with promoters (Singh brothers) and other family entities have come down to 5.87% from 34.43% earlier.
At 1.26pm, Yes Bank shares were trading 1.96% up at Rs319.25 on BSE, while Fortis Healthcare shares gained 4.13% to Rs158.80. The Sensex was down 0.50% at 33,688.73 points.
- Amit Shah writes to Naidu, says TDP left NDA govt for ‘political consideration’
- Lalu Prasad sentenced to 14 years in jail in fourth fodder scam case
- Aircel Maxis case: Court reserves order on Karti Chidambaram’s plea for protection from arrest
- Virat Kohli to play county cricket in preparation for England series
- China talks tough on trade war, warns US of countermeasures