Wipro’s Appirio expands operations in Portugal
Wipro’s Appirio sets up a new office in Porto, Portugal to expand its European operations
New Delhi: IT firm Wipro Friday said its acquired entity, Appirio, has set up a new office in Porto, Portugal to expand its European operations and meet the growing business requirements of the region.
Appirio -- a global services company that helps clients create next-generation worker and customer experiences using cloud technologies -- has offices in Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Paris and Stockholm presently.
The new Porto office houses a commerce cloud digital centre of excellence, a delivery centre and an innovation hub, Wipro said in a statement.
“Europe offers a great opportunity for Appirio. Our new office in Porto reflects our growth, development and investment in Europe. The team in Porto allows us to serve our growing customers based in this region and support our partners better,” Erik Duffield, global business head, Appirio Cloud Services said.
The new office will hire local talent both laterally and from the universities, for delivery roles such as functional consultants, technical leads and integration architects, the statement added.
- NTPC invites EoI to build fly ash-based roads at its plants
- BSNL vows swift action on BharatNet concerns; says responsible for upkeep of optical fibre portion
- JSW Steel to invest over Rs 5,000 crore on strengthening downstream manufacturing capacity
- P-note investments continue to drop; hit fresh low of Rs 66,587 crore
- Nigeria seen as biggest rice buyer in 2019, behind China
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India