Reliance Jio average download speed doubled in January to 17 mbps: Trai
- How 3% yields could reshape the investing landscape
- Cryptocurrencies climb again as April rally storms toward 75%
- Celebrating TCS’s triumph and the spunk of Flipkart
- Xiaomi leads India’s smartphone market again, Huawei moves into top five: report
- How Huawei P20 Pro compares with Google Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Apple iPhone X
New Delhi: The average peak download speed on Reliance Jio network more than doubled to 17.42 megabit per second (mbps) at the end of January, according to data by telecom regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).
The monthly average mobile broadband speed published by the Trai showed that the download speed on Reliance Jio network reached 17.42 mbps in January from 8.34 mbps at the end of December.
At this speed, a user can download a movie in less than three minutes. In the second place was Idea at 8.53 mbps, up from 6.6 mbps at the end of December. The download speed on Airtel network dropped slightly to 8.15 mbps compared to 8.42 mbps in the previous month.
Among other networks, download speed on Vodafone and BSNL also dipped marginally to 6.13 mbps and 2.89 mbps from 6.8 mbps and 3.16 mbps, respectively. The data showed average download speed of 2.3 mbps on Tata Docomo network.
Average download speeds of other networks were not available. Trai collects and computes speed of mobile data from subscribers across the country with the help of MySpeed application on real time basis.