Cyient signs joint venture with BlueBird Aero to make UAVs
The joint venture between Cyient and BlueBird Aero enables indigenisation, manufacturing, training and support of UAV systems in India
Chennai: Cyient, a Hyderabad-based firm, on Wednesday said it has entered into a joint venture with BlueBird Aero Systems to manufacture advanced unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems.
Cyient chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director, Krishna Bodanapu and BlueBird Aero Systems founder-CEO, Ronen Nadir, signed the agreement at the ongoing DefExpo, organised by the defence ministry at Thiruvadanthai, about 40km from Chennai.
As per the agreement, a joint venture company named—Cyient Solutions and Systems Pvt Ltd has been floated in which Cyient would hold 51% stake while the remaining 49% with Israel-based BlueBird Aero Systems.
“...the joint venture would offer field-proven UAV systems to Indian defence, paramilitary, security forces,” Cyient, engineering design, manufacturing, geospatial and networks provider, said. Cyient would manufacture, assemble, integrate and test advanced UAV systems at its facility in Hyderabad by leveraging the technology know-how of BlueBird Aero Systems.
“I am very excited about the joint venture with BlueBird Aero Systems that combines our design and manufacturing expertise to bring the best of UAV technology solutions,” Bodanapu said. “The joint venture also underlines the commitment of both partners to the government’s Make in India initiative,” he said.
The joint venture enables indigenisation, manufacturing, training and support of UAV systems in India, BlueBird Aero Systems founder and CEO Ronen Nadir said. “Bluebird is pleased to transfer its latest, technology know-how to further enhance what we see as a long term partnership with Cyient for the benefit of Indian UAV market,” he said.
Under the joint venture, Cyient and BlueBird would also provide aftermarket services, including spares, repairs, maintenance and support across the country.
- Change M&A norms to calculate spectrum dues: Trai
- Cracking India’s bankruptcy code
- RBI’s registry will help solve problem of credit shortage: iSpirt’s Sharad Sharma
- Fintech regulation at an inflection point: Shardul Amarchand’s Shilpa Mankar Ahluwalia
- Voice and AI biggest transformative tech, says EY’s Mahesh Makhija
Editor's Picks »
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself