MTNL joins tariff war sparked by Reliance Jio with 2GB data a day offer
MTNL will offer 2GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within its network for Rs319 from April 1 to take on Reliance Jio
New Delhi: Joining the tariff war triggered by Reliance Jio, state-run MTNL will offer 2GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within its network for Rs319 from 1 April.
“On its 31st anniversary, MTNL announces new plan from April 1, 2017 that offers 2 GB of 3G data per day and unlimited calling within MTNL network for Rs319 for Delhi and Mumbai mobile customers,” the company said in a statement. The plan will remain valid for 28 days after which MTNL customers will have to recharge with same value for availing benefits.
“This promotional offer is valid for 90 days. MTNL customers will also get 25 minutes of free call to other networks everyday and after that they will be charged 25 paise for a minute phone call,” the statement said.
All telecom operators in the country are trying to match low tariffs that new entrant Reliance Jio will offer from April 1. The lowest value plan from Reliance Jio under its special scheme will offer 1GB of 4G data everyday and unlimited calling throughout the country for Rs303 a month.
Editor's Picks »
- Global market calm at risk as commodities sink into correction
- Nokia 3.1 launched in India, plans to take on budget smartphones with attractive offers
- America, meet your faker: Sacha Baron Cohen is back
- Suzuki Motorcycle to invest ₹600 crore in its second India plant
- Samsung’s Noida phone plant masks Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ struggle
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey