Apple sparks row with pledge to drop Imagination Tech graphics
- Sebi strengthens procedures for dividend payment, transfer of securities
- Donald Trump slams Opec as cartel pushes harder for high oil prices
- 2002 Gujarat riots: Maya Kodnani acquitted in Naroda Patiya case
- Sebi fines Suzlon Rs1.1 crore for violating insider trading norms
- Vedanta’s Electrosteel acquisition credit neutral: Report
London: Apple has given Imagination Tech notice that it will stop using its graphics technology in iPhones and other products in up to two years’ time, dealing a major blow to the British company.
Imagination said Apple, its biggest customer, had not presented any evidence to substantiate its assertion that it will no longer require Imagination’s technology, without violating Imagination’s patents, intellectual property and confidential information.
It said on Monday that Apple’s notification had triggered talks on alternative commercial arrangements for the current licence and royalty agreement. Reuters