Micromax users can now book Uber cabs through AROUND app
- Sebi strengthens procedures for dividend payment, transfer of securities
- Donald Trump slams Opec as cartel pushes harder for high oil prices
- 2002 Gujarat riots: Maya Kodnani acquitted in Naroda Patiya case
- Sebi fines Suzlon Rs1.1 crore for violating insider trading norms
- Vedanta’s Electrosteel acquisition credit neutral: Report
New Delhi: Micromax phone users will be able to book Uber cabs through AROUND, a pre-installed Micromax app for shopping, food ordering and news. Micromax will introduce the feature in 100 million smartphones in the next three years and also ship its phones with the Uber app, the cab hailing company said in a statement. Existing Micromax users will also get the feature through planned upgrades.
“This seamless native user experience will introduce ridesharing, and the benefits it brings to riders, drivers and cities, to a new generation of smartphone users in India,‘’ said Eric Alexander, president for business for Uber APAC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation), said in the statement.
The move aims to bring Uber’s service to budget phone buyers, a category where Micromax has a large presence. Users can link their Uber accounts with AROUND, get expected arrival time and fare estimates, and book an Uber cab, without downloading Uber’ app.
“This partnership will help Uber unlock growth across the huge user base of Micromax in India and also help our consumers get the best in class experience from the leaders in ride sharing,” said Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax Informatics.