Petrol price hiked by 13 paise; diesel cheaper by 12 paisa per litre
- Narendra Modi holds talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Walmart nominates McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook to board
- Apple to replace some MacBook Pro faulty batteries
- Karnataka elections: JD(S) leader HD Kumaraswamy files his 2nd nomination from Channapatna
- Karnataka elections: BJP names Karunakar Reddy from Harapannahalli in 3rd list
New Delhi: Petrol price was on Wednesday hiked by a marginal 13 paisa a litre while diesel rates were cut by 12 paisa in line with global trends.
The revision in rates announced by Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation’s biggest fuel retailer, is excluding state levies (VAT) and the actual change will be higher after considering them.
Petrol in Delhi will cost Rs66.10 a litre from midnight tonight, 17 paisa more than Rs65.93 a litre currently. Similarly, a litre of diesel will cost Rs54.57, 14 paisa lower than Rs54.71 a litre currently.
Prices were last revised on 16 November when petrol rate went up by Rs1.46 a litre and diesel by Rs1.53 per litre, excluding state levies.
“The current level of international product prices of petrol and diesel and Rupee-US Dollar exchange rate warrant increase in selling price of petrol and decrease in selling prices of diesel, the impact of which is being passed on to the consumers with this price revision,” IOC said in a statement.
It said the movement of prices in the international oil market and rupee-dollar exchange rate shall continue to be monitored closely and developing trends of the market will be reflected in future price changes.