Reliance Jio Phone users to get Facebook app from today
The new version of the Facebook app is built specially for Jio KaiOS, a web-based OS designed for Reliance Jio Phone, opening up the social network for 50 crore users
New Delhi: Facebook will be available on Reliance Jio Phone from Wednesday through the app store available on the handset, a company statement said on Tuesday.
“Jio Phone is the world’s most affordable smartphone built with transformational technology especially for Indians to migrate from a feature phone to smartphone. As promised, Jio Phone will be home to the world’s leading applications, starting with Facebook,” Reliance Jio director Akash Ambani said in the statement.
The new version of the Facebook app is built specially for Jio KaiOS, a web-based operating system designed for Jio Phone. This will open up Facebook for potential 50 crore feature phone users in India.
The new Facebook app for Jio Phone will support push notifications, video, and links to external content.
“We are excited about our partnership with Jio and the opportunity to provide the best possible Facebook experience for millions of people using JioPhone,” Facebook vice president of mobile partnerships Francisco Varela said.
The app is also optimised to accommodate the cursor function on Jio Phone.
- Did Yes Bank flout Sebi rules in spat with UBS?
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Thyssenkrupp expects India elevator business revenue at ₹1,000 crore in 3 years
- Amazon India says during Prime Day main product categories saw strong sales growth
- Jana Small Finance Bank launches commercial operations
Editor's Picks »
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?